Sunday, August 14, 2011

Beach Weekend, substitute Auntie Gretchen for Daddy

Derek had one of his annual golf tournaments this past weekend which meant the kids and I were going to be on our own for the first time in the OC. Luckily, Auntie Gretchen came to the rescue to show the kids (and mom!) a good time! We started off our weekend with the 80's cover band concert in the park. I don't know if the kids don't like 80's music or what, but they were both somewhat naughty. Tate had my hair in both hands and was pulling it as far from my head as it would allow before coming out. Gretchen and I both lost earrings and I had a rip in my new shirt. Also, I learned, white shorts with kids eating pizza...not the best choice.
Luckily the next day we had a day planned to go to Monarch beach with some friends. Both kids are now completely fearless (for good and bad!) of the sand and water, and even seaweed! Fiona was actually excited to hear that there would be seaweed there! Tate kept trying to run up the hill with various groups of surfers, it was cute to watch them say "hey little dude". We played for over 3 hours in the overcast skies until mommy go too cold and it was dinner time.
On Sunday, we took a trip to Laguna Beach to fly the kite and go to Ruby's. Ruby's ended up being Johnny Rockets, but the kids had no clue, they still had french fries and milk shakes :) Oh and dip for Tate. That boy loves anything he can dip. The other day I gave him a potato chip at the mall and he looks at me and says "dip?"
Now mommy and the kids are VERY ready for Derek to return.





No comments:

Post a Comment