Fiona has spent quite a bit of money in water fountains wishing for a bike, and alas we decided to spend our Sunday afternoon in pursuit of the perfect bike for our girl. I was quite excited to take her to Toys R Us, as I have many memories of being a kid and my parents taking me to look at bikes and all those kids bikes lined up just makes me grin from ear to ear. Our experience was not quite as joyous, as I had the task of chasing around the Beast (aka Tate, he will be referred to as both). He had zero interest in whether or not Fiona chose a princess or Dora the Explorer bike and just wanted to run around and probably ditch lame-o mom. Derek was stuck with trying to steer Fiona away from the cheesy bikes and get something durable. Suddenly all of the princess and other themed bikes were "not available" in her size. Instead she got a Tony Hawk bike, which is not only bad ass, but pink. I was happy. She has a princess helmet and bell, so we did not fully deny her all things Belle.
After bringing the bike home and Daddy sweating in the massive heat to try to raise the seat, we realized it was broken. Much to our little princesses dismay, we loaded the bike back in the car and headed back to Toys R Us.

Poor girl had her helmet on all the way to the store and kept it on while they tried to fix her bike. (I thought it added a nice dramatic effect to the situation). Finally after an hour or so of trying to fix it, they traded it in for a new, working model!
No comments:
Post a Comment